Website Development and Content Organization
Getting your business on the web is not as simple as throwing together a single web page with a bunch of flashing text. With so much noise on the Internet, your business needs less flash and more strategy. I provide website development and social media services, helping you create an effective strategy for maximizing your online presence.
Even before you start to think about website development, you should sit down and define many aspects of your organization that have little to do–on the surface–with websites. I can guide you toward a clearer definition of your core business, including:
- Mission, vision, values: what are you goals and what do you care about?
- Value proposition: what are you providing to your customers?
- Customers: who are they? what do they want?
- Content: what are you trying to communicate?
- Products: what are you selling or providing?
Website Content Organization
Organizing your website content goes hand-in-hand with website development. I help you define the details of your organization so you can create an informative and engaging website. This includes organizing the content logically so it is easily accessible by all of your target audiences. Once these details have been worked out, decisions about the website design and content can be finalized.
If you are building a website on a budget, much can be done with simple publishing tools, such as WordPress. These provide customizable layouts and a simple interface for you to upload and maintain content. I can help you weigh your options for website development and get your site running quickly, including:
- selecting an internet service provider (ISP)
- choosing a content management system (e.g. WordPress, Drupal, site builder)
- setting up your website
- writing content
- uploading content
- formatting images
- setting up internal style and usage guidelines for your employees
- helping you develop an internal process for editorial control and flow
- training your staff on how to use the content management system
- using Google Analytics to track your website traffic
- using search engine optimization (SEO) and Google AdWords to drive traffic to your website
Photo by dichohecho